This podcast has 19 articles with dozens of terrific reviews! Companies include Enphase Energy, First Solar, Netflix, Canadian Solar, ChargePoint Holdings, Brookfield Renewable Corporation, NextEra Energy Partners LP. Funds include iShares MSCI KLD 400 Social ETF, SPDR S&P 500 Fossil Fuel Reserves Free ETF, Fidelity Select Biotechnology Portfolio, and VegTech Plant-based Innovation & Climate ETF
Transcript & Links, Episode 74, January 14, 2022
Hello, Ron Robins here. I hope you had a good time over the holidays — despite the virus concerns — and are now ready to prosper in the year ahead.
So, welcome to podcast episode 74 published on January 14, 2022, titled “Best ESG Stocks and Funds for 2022” — and presented by Investing for the Soul. investingforthesoul.com is your site for vital global ethical and sustainable investing news, commentary, information, and resources.
Remember that you can find a full transcript, links to content – including stock symbols, quotes, and bonus material – at this episode’s podcast page located at investingforthesoul.com/podcasts.
Now, just a reminder. I do not evaluate any of the stocks or funds mentioned in this podcast. Furthermore, if you’re concerned about the ESG and sustainability ratings of any stock or fund included in this podcast, check your broker’s online site for such information.
If your broker doesn’t have this information, signup for free with Morningstar and you can gain access to company and fund ESG-sustainability ratings. Please note, I receive no compensation from Morningstar or anyone else covered in these podcasts.
Also, if any terms are unfamiliar to you, simply Google them.
Now it seems the New Year has spurned many new articles recommending ethical and sustainable stocks and funds. So, I’m going to do something different in this podcast.
For each of the 19 articles — yes 19 articles — I’m going to give the title, name of the author or authors, the site in which it appeared, and the stocks or funds recommended in that article. Articles will be appropriately grouped, though not in any order. I might seem a little repetitive, but I believe you’ll find it terrifically informative with great investment ideas. Incidentally, do go to this episode’s podcast page for links to all the articles, stocks, and funds.
So, let’s begin! Starting with those articles that don’t fit any defined category.
A) ‘General’ in nature.
1. Title The Just 100 List by JUST Capital. Found on cnbc.com. Quote “Research nonprofit JUST Capital’s annual analysis of corporate performance is a comprehensive ranking of companies on ESG issues critical to stakeholders, from their workers and shareholders to customers, communities and the environment. These are the 100 top-performing companies across all industries for 2022, evaluated across a wide range of metrics, including efforts to combat climate change; diversity, equity and inclusion; worker wellness and local job creation; and customer privacy.” End quote.
2. Title Three funds for investing in the transition to a sustainable economy by Melissa Scaramellini. Appeared on whatinvestment.co.uk. Funds reviewed and recommended are Legal and General Future World ESG Developed Index Fund, BMO Responsible Global Equity Fund, and Regnan Global Equity Impact Solutions Fund. These are UK or European funds.
4. Title VegTech plant-based innovation & climate ETF launches on NYSE (EATV). By Olivia Nelson on foodingredientsfirst.com. Quote “’We are excited to be what we believe is the first pure-play ETF that invests in companies innovating with plants and producing animal-free products,’” says VegTech Invest CEO and CMO Elysabeth Alfano.” End quote.
5. Title Top 10 most-popular investment trusts: December 2021 by Kyle Caldwell on ii.co.uk. These are UK funds.
6. Title Start ESG Investing in 2022 With These 5 ETFs by Catherine Brock on fool.com. ETFs recommended are Financial Select Sector SPDR Fund (NYSEMKT: XLF), Vanguard ESG U.S. Stock ETF (NYSEMKT: ESGV), iShares MSCI KLD 400 Social ETF (NYSEMKT: DSI), iShares Global Clean Energy ETF (NASDAQ: ICLN), and SPDR S&P 500 Fossil Fuel Reserves Free ETF (NYSEMKT: SPYX).
7. Title Wahed Debuts First Shariah-Compliant and ESG-Aware ETF on Nasdaq. Press release was seen on businesswire.com. Quote “The Wahed Dow Jones Islamic World ETF (Ticker: UMMA)… seeks long-term capital appreciation and looks to provide investors access to international, ex-U.S. investments that seek to better align with their values.” End quote.
8. Title Investment Themes to Play Heading Into 2022: 4 Fund Picks by Zacks Equity Research. Their fund picks are Fidelity Select Biotechnology Portfolio (FBIOX), Calvert Equity Fund Class A (CSIEX), New Alternatives Fund Class A (NALFX), and Parnassus Mid Cap Growth Fund – Investor (PARNX).
9. Title Invest With Your Conscience: 7 Socially Responsible Investment Funds by Sarah Lozanova. Found on earth911.com. Her fund picks are Parnassus Endeavor Investor (PARWX), Parnassus Mid-Cap (PARMX), SPDR SSGA Gender Diversity Index (SHE), Vanguard FTSE Social Index Fund Investor Shares (VFTSX), Invesco ESG NASDAQ 100 ETF (QQMG), ESG NASDAQ Next Gen 100 ETF (QQJG), and Vanguard ESG U.S. Stock ETF (ESGV). The article has a good comparison chart of these funds too.
B) Under Alternative Energy
1. Title 5 Best Solar Energy Companies of 2022 by unknown sponsor on dmagazine.com. Companies reviewed and recommended are quote “SunPower – Overall Best Solar Energy System; Vivint Solar – Premium Services For Residential Solar Energy Systems; Sunpro Solar – Most Affordable Solar Power Systems; Tesla – Most Efficient Solar Panel On The Market; and Sunrun – Best For Customized Solar Energy Systems.” End quote.
3. Title 3 Alternative Energy Mutual Funds for 2022 by Stephanie Thompson on dailyinvestorhub.com. The three picks are Guinness Atkinson Alternative Energy Fund (GAAEX), New Alternatives Fund Class A (NALFX), and Shelton Green Alpha Fund (NEXTX).
4. Title 3 Alternative Energy Stocks to Buy Amid Insufficient H2 Investment by Aparajita Dutta. Found on zacks.com. Her picks are Evergy (EVRG – Free Report), Chesapeake Energy (CHK – Free Report), and Ameresco (AMRC – Free Report).
5. Title 5 Clean-Energy Stocks to Watch Amid US Renewables Revolution. Again, by Aparajita Dutta and on zacks.com. Her choices, in addition to those above, are Enphase Energy (ENPH), and First Solar (FSLR).
6. Title 3 Top Renewable Energy Stocks for 2022. Found on Nasdaq.com. Authors Travis Hoium likes SunPower (NASDAQ: SPWR), Howard Smith picks Atlantica Sustainable Infrastructure (NASDAQ: AY), and Daniel Foelber chooses ChargePoint Holdings (NYSE: CHPT).
7. Title Think Lucid and Rivian Are Overvalued? Buy These Alternative Energy Growth Stocks Instead. It’s by Travis Hoium, Howard Smith, and Daniel Foelber. Quote “Three of our Fool.com contributors think First Solar (NASDAQ: FSLR), Enphase Energy (NASDAQ: ENPH), and Brookfield Renewable Corporation (NYSE: BEPC) are well positioned heading into 2022.” End quote.
8. Title 3 Renewable Stocks Set to Continue Their Winning Streak in 2022 again by Aparajita Dutta. Her choices are Evergy (EVRG), Ameresco (AMRC), and Texas Pacific Land (TPL).
9. Title Top Alternative Energy Stocks for Q1 2022 by Stephanie Thompson. Stocks include Daqo New Energy Corp. (DQ), Renewable Energy Group Inc. (REGI), SunPower Corp. (SPWR), Advent Technologies Holdings Inc. (ADN), Canadian Solar Inc. (CSIQ), Ameresco Inc. (AMRC), NextEra Energy Partners LP (NEP), and NextEra Energy Inc. (NEE).
C) Under Infrastructure
1. Title 2 Under-the-Radar Infrastructure Stocks to Buy in 2022 and Beyond by Brett Schafer on fool.com. The two stocks are Autodesk (NASDAQ: ADSK) and American Tower (NYSE: AMT).
Well, there we are for this podcast titled “Best ESG Stocks and Funds for 2022.” 19 articles full of great ethical and sustainable investing ideas.
To get all their links, stock symbols, or to read the transcript of this podcast — and more — go to investingforthesoul.com/podcasts and scroll down to this episode.
And please click the share buttons to share this podcast with your friends and family. Let’s promote a better post COVID world through ethical and sustainable investing!
Contact me if you have any questions.
Stay well and healthy—and conscious about the ethical and sustainable values of your investments!
Thank you for listening.
Talk to you next on January 28. Bye for now.
© 2022 Ron Robins, Investing for the Soul.