Who should invest my money?
Where can I get help with investing? What questions to ask a financial advisor?
Below are useful websites that can help ethical investors in selecting a financial planner, investment advisor or stockbroker.
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA). Has a good tool for finding an advisor specializing in ESG-sustainable investing who might be located near you.
- Securities & Exchange Commission |(SEC),Check out brokers and investment advisers.
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). Contains a database of all complaints against brokers and brokerages.
- Selecting a financial planner, investment advisor or stockbroker.
- US Social Investment Forum. Lists US advisors, financial planners and stockbrokers who have an affinity for socially responsible investing. It is the most complete listing of such professionals in the US.
- Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. A professional regulatory organization based in the United States of America that fosters professional standards in personal financial planning so that the public has access to and benefits from competent and ethical financial planning.
- XY Planning Network. Has a search tool so that you can find an advisor who offers the kind of service you might be looking for.
- Ontario Securities Commission. Investor brochures.
- Responsible Investment Association. Lists advisors, financial planners and stockbrokers across Canada who have an affinity for ethical investing. As this organization requires a membership fee from the professional who wants to be listed, it is therefore not a complete listing of such professionals in Canada.
- Certified Financial Planners (CFP) and Certified Life Underwriters (CLU), The Financial Advisors Association of Canada.
- Fellow of the Canadian Securities Institute (FCSI), Financial Management Advisor (FMA), Professional Financial Planner (PFP), Canadian Investment Manager (CIM), the Canadian Securities Institute.
- Canadian Investment Funds Course (CIFC) The Investment Funds Institute of Canada.
In the UK:
- UK Social Investment Forum. Lists UK advisors, financial planners and stockbrokers who have an affinity for ethical investing. It is the most complete listing of such professionals in the UK.
(Note: The listings above are for informational purposes only. Investors should conduct their own due diligence as to the suitability of any advisor, planner, or investment professional that they might consider using. Investing for the Soul cannot be held responsible for any relationships or outcomes that an investor might have with an advisor or planner that they may use. Use of this information is at the investors own risk. Neither Ron Robins or Investing for the Soul has any relationship, legally, financially, or otherwise, with any of the organizations listed above.)